We are currently seeking a dynamic, hands on individual to fill the role of Facility Manager at our Grain Elevator located in Long Plain (Gleichen), AB. Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for the operations of the grain terminal facility including grain procurement, inventory management, grain shipments, grain grading/blending, grain sales and related paperwork. This position, at different times, may perform these duties or may delegate them to a direct report and/or operations team and may work in operations of all sizes.
• Assist in full recruitment cycle including, sourcing and screening candidates, participating in interviews, hiring and training of successful candidates;
• Assist in Employee Relations including: coaching, managing & mentoring direct reports to keep an engaged work force interpreting policies, and providing oversight on disciplinary letters/action;
• Assist in financial decision making, including: budgeting, facility cost and profitability;
• Optimize throughput and grain handling of the facility;
• Supervise operations team’s daily activities to ensure a safe working environment, certify quality standards are met, maximize productivity and meet customer service requirements;
• Communicate with the marketing staff in an ongoing fashion to coordinate grain activities;
• Monitor stored grain conditions and schedule maintenance/cleaning of facilities and equipment;
• Report high level items to General Manager and ensure department goals/budgets are being met;
• Demonstrate integrity, service, market knowledge and professionalism in dealings with farmers and end users to build customer loyalty and positive working relationships;
• Coach, manage & mentor direct reports to keep an engaged work force; other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required; post-secondary education in a related field considered an asset;
• Success in a leadership capacity, providing mentorship to staff;
• 2-3 years grain related or industry experience;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) required;
• Mechanical aptitude and supervisory experience is preferred;
• Background in agriculture or farming is considered an asset;
• Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and maintain a favorable bond record.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Employee Referral Program (up to $350 per successful referral);
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
Job type: Full-time