The Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI) requires a Design Engineer/Technologist for its Humboldt office.
The applicant will work with the design team to deliver projects for the agriculture, industry, mining, and other machinery-based industries.
• A degree in Engineering or a diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited institute.
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM program operation is mandatory with SolidWorks and Creo (ProE) being the preferred programs.
• Knowledge of machine operation principles is required, and experience in operation of heavy equipment in the field is desired.
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Outlook, Office, and Excel.
• Valid driver’s licence is also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a team of engineers, technologists, tradespersons, and agrologists to successfully deliver projects for the agriculture, industry, mining, and other machinery-based industries.
• Work with the design team to develop prototype machinery and mechanical component designs, including associated documentation packages of specifications, technical drawings, and operator’s and parts manuals.
• Knowledge of materials, welding, machining, and hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Carry out project plans and operate equipment in the field, assess performance, and prepare field notes to support project reports.
• Write project reports, and assist with project proposal preparation.
• Understand and follow all requirements for safe and efficient work.
• Work with and, in some cases, supervise other project staff.
• Communicate with the project team about project problems, solutions, and outcomes.
The deadline for applicants is Saturday, April 15, 2017, at 5:00 p.m.
Please send resume of qualifications and experience, including references to:
Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute
P.O. Box 1150
Humboldt, SK S0K 2A0
Fax: (306) 682-5080
E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time