Birchwood Motor Hotel Ltd.
Company: Birchwood Motor Hotel Ltd.
Business information: We are a conveniently located hotel on Highway 59. An extraordinary destination inspired by the unforgettable landscape of Lake Winnipeg & Beaches Area.
Business Address: 112018 Provincial Trunk Hwy 59, Traverse Bay, MB R0E 2A0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods in accordance with standards and in a timely manner
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Maintain consistency of appearance and quality of all menu items
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
• Organize and manage buffets and banquets
• Communicate between shifts and with supervisors to ensure adequate product levels and consistent food quality
• Be aware of proper stock rotation of all food and help with storage of incoming product
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience. If candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, standing for extended periods, attention to detail.
-Personal suitability: Initiative, accurate, team player, ability to multitask, client focus, organized, reliability, flexibility, organized.
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour, 32.5-40 hours per week.
Benefits: We have cost shared benefit package (disability benefits, extended medical insurance, dental benefits, pension plan benefits), ½ price meals while working. Uniforms provided. Accommodation available at a cost.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The worker will be required to work 5 days per week. The regular shifts are from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM and from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM (including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minutes paid healthy breaks). Overtime might be required, including weekends and holidays.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: Box 29 Traverse Bay, MB, R0E 2A0
Apply by fax to: 204-756-8898
Job type: Full-time