CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) reference
Under the supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Services Coordinator and in accordance with DOTC Mission, Values, Goals, Policies and Procedures, the Intake Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate all Off-Reserve requests for the Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Region geographical area; provide assessment, follow up, and will liaise with other Jordan’s Principle Off Reserve offices.
• Review all referrals made to Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Jordan’s Principle
• Complete assessments through telephone or in person to confirm eligibility and determine appropriate services based on needs of the child
• Document intake assessment that includes referral, assessment, treatment/admission, discharge (if applicable), transition and ongoing care protocols
• Provide navigation services with a cultural safety and humility lens, using a trauma-informed and culturally competent approach.
• Understand the importance of working with First Nations protocols in order to make children and families comfortable with their interaction with the health care system
• Build strong relationships and partnerships with front line health care and child care workers, and works with a variety of health care and child care professionals, including but not limited to nurses, speech pathologists, dental, occupational therapists.
• Provide wellness workshops, cultural presentations and team building activities focused on developing and enhancing skills and capacity of front-line workers.
QUALIFICATIONS: (including, but not limited to)
• Bachelor of Arts, BSW, B.Ed. or Post-Secondary Diploma in related field
• Knowledge of population health and First Nations perspective on health and wellness
• In-depth knowledge of First Nations health and wellness system needs
• Knowledge of relevant legislation such as CFS Act, Vulnerable Persons Legislation
• Must have excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
• Current Criminal Records/Vulnerable and Child Abuse Registry Checks
• Access to a reliable vehicle
Job type: Full-time