VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. We have over a 40+ year history of building high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for continuous long term employment and advancement within our organization.
VAW is looking for Shop Helpers to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have openings on our Monday to Friday Day Shift (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and Evening Shift (4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.).
• Build pallets and crates for shipping
• Crate and package product in preparation for shipment
• Material handling
• Clean and scrape welded products in preparation for painting
• Insulating or bagging insulation
• Assemble components and products
• Perform final assembly of components such as attaching bird screens, installing air filters and doors, installing gaskets, etc.
• Operate grit blaster
• Provide assistance to others as required
Skills and Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate will have worked in a metal fabrication manufacturing environment
• Ability to use all hand and power tools
• Ability to operate overhead crane and forklift
• Ability to interpret drawings and sketches is an asset
• Knowledge of/experience in mixing and applying coating systems is an asset
• Knowledge of/experience in MIG welding is an asset
• Ability to work on ladders and at various heights
• Safety focused
• Possess the skills and abilities to consistently produce high quality products and ensure quality control is maintained to the established standards
• Must be organized, flexible, proactive and interact in a positive and respectful manner with co-workers
• Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems is an asset
• Knowledge of Lean principles is an asset
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for this role, please send your resume, along with a cover letter and salary expectations in confidence by replying to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time