Shop & Yard Assistant - Summer Student / Full Time / Temporary
Posted on April 17, 2017. Region: High River, AB
Steelhorse Freight Services Inc. has an available employment opportunity for a summer student in High River, AB through the Alberta Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). The successful applicant must meet all STEP hiring criteria, including have attended a high school or a post-secondary institution in 2016-17 and be returning to school full time in the following year (no later than November 1). Note: eligible students must be enrolled in a program which will result in a credential (e.g. certificate, diploma, degree, etc.) and/or completing academic upgrading courses. Apprenticeship Technical Training Programs are ineligible.
The Shop & Yard Assistant is accountable for:
Assisting with the mechanical shop/yard work, inventory control, cleaning/organization, parts runs, lawn maintenance, general facility maintenance, etc.
In addition to the STEP requirements, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- 17 years of age minimum
- Alberta resident (or AB student address) and legally entitled to
work in Canada
- Access to own transportation as the facility is not public transit
- A valid Class 5 license and acceptable drivers abstract is
- Must have own CSA Steel Toed Boots (other PPE will be provided)
- Must be physically fit and willing to work outdoors in all types of
- Punctual, hard working, organized, strong mechanical aptitude,
takes direction well, safety focused, team player.
What we offer:
- Full Time Temporary Work Term: May to August 31, 2017
- 5 Days / 37.5 Hours Per Week Maximum (May include Saturdays)
- Pay Rate of $15.00 Per Hour
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume and available start date via email (reference Shop & Yard Assistant in Subject) to: [email protected]
Job type: Hourly