Administrative Assistant - Summer Student / Full Time / Temporary
Posted on April 17, 2017. Region: High River, AB
Steelhorse Freight Services Inc. has an available employment opportunity for a summer student in High River, AB through the Alberta Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). The successful applicant must meet all STEP hiring criteria, including have attended a high school or a post-secondary institution in 2016-17 and be returning to school full time in the following year (no later than November 1). Note: eligible students must be enrolled in a program which will result in a credential (e.g. certificate, diploma, degree, etc.) and/or completing academic upgrading courses. Apprenticeship Technical Training Programs are ineligible.
The Administrative Assistant is accountable for:
Assisting all departments (Dispatch, Accounting, Sales, Operations) with administrative tasks such as document creation/processing, filing, customs/permits documentation, order entry/approval, accounting AR/AP, inventory control, etc.
In addition to the STEP requirements, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- 17 years of age minimum
- Alberta resident (or AB student address) and legally entitled to
work in Canada
- Access to own transportation as the facility is not public transit
- Punctual, hard working, organized, customer service oriented, strong computer skills, takes direction well, safety focused, team player.
What we offer:
- Full Time Temporary Work Term: May to August 31, 2017
- 5 Days / 37.5 Hours Per Week Maximum (May include Saturdays)
- Pay Rate of $15.00 Per Hour
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume and available start date via email (reference Administrative Assistant in Subject) to: [email protected]
Job type: Hourly