Eagle Mountain Structural Insulated Panel System (EMSIPS), a division of WGI Westman Group Inc., designs custom buildings for all of your housing needs.
We are a Canadian manufacturer, located in Winkler, MB, of buildings using proprietary and innovative Steel Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS). We range in buildings from shops, Teleshops or Portable Service Shops, Northern Housing, Cabins and Camp Units. Whatever your needs, we have the Solution!
We are growing and looking for a creative, detailed Drafts Person/Estimator!
As the Drafts Person/Estimator, you will be responsible for preparing layout, assembly, and detail drawings for various commercial and residential EMSIPS products from preliminary concepts, sketches, calculations, specification sheets and other data. You will review plans and confer with internal stakeholders to meet project specifications, complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets. Preparing cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service, will also be a part of this exciting new role!
Some of the requirements of this role are:
• Post-secondary certificate or diploma in design or a related field.
• Minimum 1 year in Product design experience
• Expert proficiency in AutoCAD software
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook software.
• Knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Knowledge of materials required for commercial and residential building projects
• Demonstrated ability to finish multiple projects on time and scale
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
• Excellent organization and project management skills, including the ability to multitask in a fast-paced product development environment.
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented with strong oratory and written skills
• Analytical and creative thinker
We are looking for someone with these core competencies:
• Planning and Organizing
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating office equipment
• Result Orientation
• Service Orientation
• Quality Orientation
• Research and Analysis
• Decision making and Judgement
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Applying Laws, Rules and Regulations
• Time Management
• Development and Continual Learning
• Ethics and Integrity
More specific duties include:
• Design and prepare layout, assembly, and detail drawings for EMSIPS products from measurements, sketches and specifications
• Organize and maintain a design and CAD digital file for each project
• Interface with departmental personnel to obtain details of equipment and materials requirements
• Brainstorm as part of a team to improve and/or develop design concepts using CAD or and other traditional design tools
• Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
• Employ problem-solving strategies and find solutions to product design issues
• Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation, to prepare material and labor cost estimates and itemized requirements listing.
• Analyze job specifications to ensure all required information for calculating cost is included.
• Calculate total costs for both proposed and actual jobs to include comparison of quantities and alternative production methods.
• Analyze results of job cost studies to determine accuracy of estimating standards and reports variances to manager.
• Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Assist in computerizing estimating and other related systems.
• Other duties as assigned
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Please submit a cover letter, and resume to [email protected] or apply online at http://emsips.com/careers/
WGI Westman Group Inc is a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies composed of Meridian Manufacturing Inc, Behlen Industries LP, Westman Steel, Canada Culvert, Convey-All Industries, and EMSIPS Ltd. The Westman Group operates manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities in 29 centers in Canada and the US, maintains dealer networks across North America, and has a worldwide customer base.
WGI Westman Group Inc., is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Job type: Full-time